Thanks for the add! Gros bisous :-)

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Twins, the Queen, and the President, punk week in Dublin

For a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down, the medicine go down, the medicine go down.

Yes people, Ireland is in all the papers this week for all the right reasons, we are at last experiencing a truely surreal week.
Pretty Vacant
Jedward gets 8th place in the Eurovision song contest. YAYAYAYAYAYAYA. Those X factor twins have won the hearts of everyone. For those who never heard of them essential song hereunder.




God Save the Queen
Queen Elizabeth is visiting Ireland for the very first time ever.
Ain't she sweet?

And finally

I'm so bored with the USA
Here I have to disagree with The Clash, because look at what the impending arrival of the President of da world (23rd May) is pushing Irish people to... Creativity... Well I never!
 
You'll find me home, watching the events on TV, or maybe even not watching at all (but I gotta because in her old age, the Queen reminds me of my grandmother, who wasn't a twin, by heck she was presidential AND a real queen).
:-)

11 comments:

Robert Deis (aka "SubtropicBob") said...

Quite a production for Jedward. Are they really called "punk"? I was watching Being Human (the BBC version) recently and they used the Stranglers' song "Peaches" in the soundtrack. To me, that's real punk - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdpxR0SO7G4

Unknown said...

Oh! Je savais pas que les Jedward représentaient l'Irlande à l'Eurovision!

Pourtant, je les adore :-)oui, ils sont vraiment fun!

Et Obama, il est bon, alors?

Nikki Mortham said...

A slice of Obama bread? Yes please!
nikki

Danièle said...

Paulinette, ils sont géniaux et vraiment déglingués, si tu vas sur youtube tu poeux truer toutes sortes d'interviews, ils ne sont comme personne d'autre et ontune esthétique très originale, methinks.

Nikki, I was going to try and make some sort of a joke about "giving us our daily bread" but just couldnt be bothered. This bread is astonishingly goos for a gimmick. I served it with prawn cocktail and it worked fine. Its like a pumpernickel bread with some tiny bits of raisins which give it a sweet taste. If I find it again, I'll definitely get it again.

Unknown said...

Quand j'étais à Londres, je les ai vu dans un talk show quelconque. Y avait d'autres invités, mais eux, ils étaient vraiment présents.

Et puis, je trouve leur coiffure orgasmique. Voilà. (je suis hypra jalouse de leur blond!! Je veux et j'exige le même!)(oui, bon non. Parce qu'il faudrait me décolorer et mon coiffeur m'a dit qu'au mieux, j'arriverai à une couleur fade... Zut!)(Je ne veux pas être fade, c'est pas drôle)

Justine of SewCountryChick said...

Hey those guys are pretty cheesy! Is that like the Irish American Idol? My husband takes American Idolnso seriously. It's funny.

Danièle said...

I take American Idol seriously! I was so pissed that James Durbyn was sent packing last week. Simon is going to do an X Factor in America in the fall, with Cheryl Cole I believe.

Annushka said...

I ♥ ♥ ♥ This!!!))
An event of great magnitude, its fun to watch!!!

Zoe de gaia said...

Très jolie série de photos, pleine d epetits détails que j'adore !
fantastic photos !

bisous

Je m'appelle Robson. Je voudrais montrer ma vision personnelle de la mode à Paris. J'ai créé le blog: WWW.ZOEDEGAIA.BLOGSPOT.COM
J' espère que vous apprécierez la visite.

Annushka said...

I've missed you, thank you for your comment!!!))
Love 2x

Daniel HERMAN - Music Designer said...

Pas de nouveaux posts en vue ? J'ai fait aussi un long stand by avant la reprise de mon blog ....